For all non emergency calls: 101

For emergencies: 999

Switchboard: 0300 333 3000

Text Size:


Did You Know

West Mercia has:

82 Safer Neighbourhood Teams

Working to resolve your problems.

Read More

Feature Focus

Phone Us

Please note that West Mercia Police may record calls for policing and training purposes.

If it is not an emergency

101 is the new number to call when you want to speak to your local police to report less urgent crime and disorder and for general police enquiries.  For example:

In an emergency 

In an emergency, always call 999.  An emergency is when:

  • there is danger to life or risk of injury;
  • a crime is in progress and the offender is still at the scene or has only just left;
  • immediate police attendence is necessary, such as when a crime is obviously about to be committed.


Across the European Union countries you can also call 112 to contact police in an emergency. 

General switchboard

To speak to a specific person or department, please use our general switchboard number 0300 333 3000.


If you are unable to make voice calls

If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or have a speech impediment which means you are unable to make voice calls, you can now contact the police in a number of ways:

For non-emergency situations

You can contact the police through Typetalk for non-emergency situations on 18001 101.  This service is not available through the mobile phone network.


If you have not got access to Typetalk, you can write to us using the following email address: 

[email protected]

Please indicate in your message that email is your preferred means of communication.  Please note that this address is not continuously monitored.  You will receive a reponse the same day. 

In an emergency

You can now contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone.  You will need to register to use this service.

Reporting fraud

If you wish to report a fraud offence, you should contact Action Fraud either by phone or via the internet.

Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud reporting centre and the place for you to report fraud and scams, or to get advice if you're not sure what to do.

If you've been a victim of fraud, you can report it to Action Fraud via the internet using the secure online fraud reporting tool. You'll be given a crime reference number and your case will be referred on to the relevant police force that will investigate the incident.

Alternatively, you can report fraud by speaking directly to Action Fraud's specialist fraud advisers by phoning 0300 123 2040. They will also be able to give you help and advice about fraud.

Other useful numbers


Report information about crime anonymously on 0800 555 111

Anti-Terrorist Hotline

If you think that you may have seen something suspicious or you are unsure about somebody’s activities or behaviour, however insignificant it may seem at the time, call the Anti-Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321.   In an emergency, always dial 999.

Enquiries about penalties for speed offences

If you have received notification of a penalty for a speeding offence or have enquiries about offences relating to safety cameras operated by the Safer Roads Partnership in West Mercia, please contact the Central Ticket Office in Droitwich on 01905 827319.  The office is open to enquiries Monday to Friday, 9.30am-11.30am and 1pm-3pm.

Firearms licensing

You can contact the Firearms and Explosives Licensing Unit on 01905 727547

Freedom of Information and Data Protection

You can contact the Information Compliance Unit for Freedom of Information and Data Protection enquiries on 01905 331565 or 01905 331545

Media Enquiries 

For media enquiries, please call an appropriate member of the Media and Corporate Communications Unit. 

Bookmark with: