FOI 3448 Dog Legislation Officers/Kenneling Costs
I write in connection with your request for information which was received on 16 December 2011. Please find below the response to your request:
1. How many trained police dog legislation officers (DLOs) are currently authorised by your force to work on dangerous and prohibited dog issues as of 19.10.11?
2. Does your force have any plans to train any further police DLOs for this role in 2012 or 2013?
No specific recorded information held.
There are no plans to train additional staff, however, if persons left others would be trained to replace them
3. What was your force's annual spend on kennelling (including veterinary costs and transport) of seized dogs under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 for each financial year from 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11?
2006/07 - £3,287.00
2007/08 - £6,469.45
2008/09 - £1,070.00
2009/10 - £280.00
2010/11 - £36,295.50
4. What is your force's projected annual spend on kennelling (including veterinary and transport costs) of seized dogs under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 for each financial year from 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14?
No specific recorded information held
5. Does your police force have written policies and procedures for dealing with prohibited and dangerous dogs?
West Mercia Police policies and procedures can be found by logging onto the West Mercia Police website http://www.westmercia.police.uk/ and entering `Policies` in the search bar facility, then following the links for: Our Policies and Procedures - West Mercia Policies and Procedures - then clicking on the relevant initial i.e. `D` for Dangerous Dogs.