Find out about policing where you live, get to know your local officers and find out how you can get involved and make a difference in your community.
Simply enter your postcode below, navigate to your area on the map.
Safer Neighbourhoods In West Mercia
We have 82 dedicated safer neighbourhood teams who are there to provide a visible, effective and accountable service where you live. These teams operate within the five policing areas that make up West Mercia Police:
Safer Neighbourhood Teams
Working alongside officers and staff from a range of specialist departments, safer neighbourhood teams consist of at least one local constable (safer neighbourhood officer) and one police community support officer (PCSO).
In addition to using their full enforcement powers to deal with crime and anti-social behaviour, their key role is to ensure that communities have a genuine say in what local issues are addressed as priorities and how their communities are policed. To do this, they need to:
- Understand and be accessible to their local neighbourhood
- Engage communities and partners to identify safety concerns
- Agree the top priorities for neighbourhood action
- Work with partners to deliver an agreed approach
- Report back on a regular basis on what has been achieved.