For all non emergency calls: 101

For emergencies: 999

Switchboard: 0300 333 3000

Text Size:


Did You Know

West Mercia has:

82 Safer Neighbourhood Teams

Working to resolve your problems.

Read More

Feature Focus

Report A Crime

If you wish to report a crime or anti-social behaviour, please contact us on the telephone numbers below:

If it is not an emergency

101 is the new number to call when you want to speak to your local police to report less urgent crime and disorder and for general police enquiries.  For example:

  • if your car has been stolen;
  • if your property has been damaged;
  • when you suspect drug use or drug dealing;
  • to report a minor traffic collision;
  • to give police information about crime in your area.

In an emergency 

In an emergency, always call 999.  An emergency is when:

  • there is danger to life or risk of injury;
  • a crime is in progress and the offender is still at the scene or has only just left;
  • immediate police attendance is necessary, such as when a crime is obviously about to be committed.


Across the European Union countries you can also call 112 to contact police in an emergency. 

If you are unable to make voice calls

If you are deaf or hard of hearing, or have a speech impediment which means you are unable to make voice calls, you can now contact the police in a number of ways:

For non-emergency situations

You can contact the police through Typetalk for non-emergency sitations on 18001 101.  This service is not available through the mobile phone network.

In an emergency

You can now contact the 999 emergency services by SMS text from your mobile phone.  You will need to register to use this service.

Reporting Fraud

If you wish to report a fraud offence, you should contact Action Fraud either by phone or via the internet. 

Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud reporting centre and the place for you to report fraud and scams, or to get advice if you're not sure what to do.

If you've been a victim of fraud, you can report it to Action Fraud via the internet using the secure online fraud reporting tool. You'll be given a crime reference number and your case will be referred on to the relevant police force that will investigate the incident. 

Alternatively, you can report fraud by speaking directly to Action Fraud's specialist fraud advisers by phoning 0300 123 2040. They will also be able to give you help and advice about fraud. 

Report Hate Crime Online

The police service has launched a new way for victims of hate crime to report hate crime online. The website, called True Vision, is supported by all forces in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and can be accessed at

True Vision provides information for victims and the public about what hate crime is, why it is important to report it when it happens, and sets out the range of ways hate crimes can be reported, including via a new online reporting form. The site also provides links to organisations that can offer support and advice on hate crime related issues.

There are other ways to get help too.

If you believe you have been a victim of hate crime you can also report it to us by phoning 101 or visiting your local police station where True Vision packs are available. We  have specialist officers in each area who will sensitively investigate any incident you report. In an emergency you should always ring 999.

Bookmark with: