Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

How can I give the Police some information?

There are a number of ways that you can pass information to the police. In an emergency always ring 999 or 112. Unsure if it is an emergency? Then think 'POLICE'.


P Phone 999 only if

O Offenders are nearby

L Life is at risk

I Injury is caused or threatened

C Crime or disorder is in progress

E Emergency situations

In a non-emergency please use the national non-emergency 101 number to report matters such as:

  • if you have had a minor traffic collision
  • if your property has been damaged
  • if your car has been stolen
  • if you suspect drug dealing
  • if you have been burgled and there are no offenders on scene
  • if you have witnessed a crime
  • if you have information about criminals in your local area
  • if you have seen a missing person
  • if you need crime prevention advice
  • if you want to speak to a local police officer/ your local Safer Neighbourhood Team or search for the team's site via 
    loading icon
  • if you want to speak to the police about any other incident that doesn't require an immediate response
  • if you want to make us aware of any policing issues in your local area

If you are reporting a crime in some circumstances you can make an appointment to come to a Police Station to do so or you can report it online. (See our online services section).

101 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls to 101 from land lines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long you are on the phone.

West Mercia Police operate a number of services for those hard of hearing - such as emergency SMS, Details of how to access these services can be found at -

You can pass information anonymously via Crimestoppers at 0800 555111. You may earn a reward if the information you provide leads to a conviction.

You can write to us or visit us at any of our main police stations. For more details of these or the exact addresses please look at our websites at - 

You can email us at our non-emergency online form which can be found at 

We also now offer a number of online services. For which services you can access on line please visit - 

If you wish to pass information via your local Safer Neighbourhood team then you can find details of the teams by visiting Please type in your postcode to find contact telephone numbers and email addresses for your local team.

loading icon

If you are unhappy with the service you have received form the police or wish to complain about any aspect of policing, you can do so either by calling 101 or writing to: 

Warwickshire Police and West Mercia Police Professional Standards Department,
Stratford Police Station,
Rother Street,
Stratford upon Avon,
CV37 6RD.

You can also email the Professional Standards Department at -

For more information or to contact us using the online form about any delivery of service issue please go to -