How to apply for a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate
Find out below how to apply for or renew a firearm, shotgun or explosives certificate. Whether you’re a firearm owner, firearm dealer, shooting club member or planning to travel with firearms, answer a few quick questions and we’ll guide you to the right form and everything you need to complete it.
Register for or renew a firearms dealer certificate as a company
How do I apply?
Step 1: Download the firearms dealer registration form (Form 116).
Step 2: Complete parts B, C, D, E, F and G.
The person making the application, as shown in Part C, will need these details:
- your home addresses from the last five years
- your previous dealer certificate details (if applicable)
- details of all 'servants' of your dealership
- details of any relevant medical conditions that have ever been diagnosed, or for which you have received treatment
- details of your doctor (GP)
Step 3: Post your completed form and cheque (payable to West Mercia PCC) to:
Firearms Licensing Unit
Malvern Police Station
How much does it cost?
It costs £200.
What happens after I apply?
We'll get in touch as quickly as possible if we have any questions about your application or need to ask for more information.