Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Bicycle theft

What to do now?

You can contact the police on 101 to report the theft, visit a police station or alternatively use the .

If you are unsure of where your local police station is and what time it is open, you can check here.

It would also be useful if you had the following information to provide to the police:

  • the colour, make and model of the bike
  • A Frame Number for the bike

What happens next?

Once you have reported an incident of theft to the police, you will be given a Crime Reference Number which you may need for insurance purposes.

If you are able to provide a frame number for your bike, the police will check their databases to see if the bike has been handed in or whether anyone else has made any reports concerning it.

What else can I do?

If you have the Frame Number for your bike, you can register your bike online as stolen on which is the UK National Property Register.

If have CCTV which covers the offence location, you could review this prior to calling the police and update them accordingly on whether there is any CCTV coverage of the offence and what it shows.