Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Other theft

What to do now?

You can contact the police on 101 to report the theft, visit a police station or alternatively use the .

If you are unsure of where your local police station is and what time it is open, you can check here.

What happens next?

Once you have reported an incident of theft to the police, you will be given a Crime Reference Number which you may need for insurance purposes.

If you feel that you would like some reassurance and safety advice then this can be arranged so the local officers from the Safer Neighbourhood Team can come out to see you or alternatively give you a call. To find you local Safer Neighbourhood Team please enter your postcode in the search below.

loading icon

What else can I do?

If you have CCTV which covers the offence location and could have captured the offence, you could review this prior to calling the police and update them accordingly on whether there is any CCTV coverage of the offence and what it shows.

If the item that has been stolen from you is a mobile phone, a laptop a games console, a bike or a camera then you can register your property as stolen on which is the UK National Property Register. However you would need specific serial numbers for your items before you can register them on the website.