Search Site

Leave page quickly


I am the victim of a fraud, who should I contact?

As the UK's national fraud reporting centre, Action Fraud should be your first point of contact if you have been a victim of fraud.

Reporting fraud to Action Fraud ensures that the correct crime reporting procedures are followed. They will pass on all fraud cases to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB), which is overseen by the police force that leads on fraud for the UK - the City of London Police. Making a crime report to Action Fraud also means that you will receive a police crime reference number. You can use your police crime reference number to update the information in your crime report, if you need to at a later date.

To access the Action Fraud website with details of how to report a fraud please click on the link in the "Offsite Links" to the right of this page.