Search Site

Leave page quickly

Lost pets

How do I report a lost pet?

If you are reporting the loss of an animal which is likely to represent a danger to the public, please ring us immediately on 999 or the alternative emergency number 112; for the deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired call 18000 to use Next Generation Text Service; or use emergencySMS so that we can assess the situation.

If it does not represent a danger, police will not take a report of a lost animal.

Below are links to a number of national agencies and registers which are available to help you.

Your local council's dog warden service

  • Stray dogs
  • Lost dogs
  • Found dogs

Herefordshire Council:

Shropshire Council:

Telford and Wrekin Council:

Worcestershire Regulatory Services: