Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

How to make a complaint

If you want to complain about the way you have been treated, ask to speak to a police officer who is an inspector or a higher rank.

After being released, you can also make a complaint at any police station or through our online complaint form, to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) or through a solicitor or your Member of Parliament (MP) on your behalf.

If your complaint is about an injury you have sustained while you were being arrested or while you were at the station, the custody officer will arrange for you to be examined by a doctor or nurse.