Visit our new website
Our new website is coming soon - you can view some of the new features by clicking the link. Check back for updates on careers, firearms and explosives licensing, crime prevention advice and more.
Visit our new website
Search Site

Leave page quickly

Requesting your stop and search record

The presumption is that when you are stopped and searched, the officer will issue you with a paper slip containing a reference number, unique to your stop and search.  If you wish to obtain a copy of your stop and search record, you will need to take the reference number slip to a West Mercia police station (public service counter opening times for each station are available on the links below).

You must have the unique reference number and a form of ID with you.
This can be for example:

  • your driving licence
  • your passport
  • your student ID card

You can ask for a copy of your stop and search details for up to three months after the stop and search was carried out.

We will provide this for you free of charge.

Make sure you Know Your Rights when you've been stopped and searched - check out the leaflet on the right for more information.

Police station opening times

Please note that stop and search details can only be obtained from those police stations with staffed public service counter facilities.  Please check opening times before attending.

List of our police stations