Search Site

Leave page quickly

Dogs fouling and barking

Information on dog fouling, dog barking and dog incidents


Dog fouling

Should I report dog fouling to the police?

Dog mess is not just a public nuisance, it is also a threat to health. However it is not a policing matter.

How do I report dog fouling?

Please follow these links to report dog fouling.

Dog barking

In the first instance, you should contact your neighbour direct as they may be completely unaware of the noise their pet is making.

You should report this issue as a noise nuisance to your local authority

Herefordshire Council:

Shropshire Council:

Telford and Wrekin:

Worcestershire Regulatory Services:

Dog incidents

If you believe a dog is being neglected or abused, you should report this. 

In the first instance, the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA)

You can report this at or via the RSPCA's 24-hour cruelty line on 0300 1234 999.

Alternatively, call your local district council or report this to West Mercia Police on 101.

Use this checklist to find the right organisation to contact if you want to report an issue with a dog.

Your local council's dog warden service

  • Stray dogs
  • Lost dogs
  • Found dogs

Herefordshire Council:  Tel: 01432 261761

Shropshire Council:

Telford and Wrekin Council:

Worcestershire Regulatory Services:

For mistreatment of dogs including abandonment, abuse and neglect.

West Mercia Police

  • Dangerous dogs
  • If you've been bitten by a dog
  • If you've hit a dog with a vehicle
  • If you suspect someone has a banned breed of dog e.g. a pitbull terrier
  • To report an issue with a dog to West Mercia Police call 101

Download leaflet: pdf icon Dog fouling and barking - advice sheet [169kb]