Search Site

Leave page quickly

Highways and road faults

Road related faults and highways enquiries.


In an emergency: If there is a fault to the highway or roadside furniture (e.g. bollards, lights, railings) which you believe poses a significant risk of harm, damage or could cause a road traffic collision please ring the police immediately on 999. For the deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired call 18000 to use  Next Generation Text Service; or use emergency SMS so that we can risk assess the situation.

In an non-emergency: Any other problems with the highway will be the responsibility of the local highways department, these departments are part of local authorities. Please click on the relevant link below to visit their website for advice and contact details.

Herefordshire County Council:

Shropshire County Council:

Telford and Wrekin Council:

Worcestershire County Council:

Download leaflet: pdf icon Highways and road faults - advice sheet [92kb]