Telford & Wrekin policing area
The Telford & Wrekin policing area serves a population of 162,100 with diverse and emerging communities, all of whom deserve their own style of local policing. The area command is at Malinsgate and is headed by Superintendent Superintendent for Telford & Wrekin - James Tozer. There are 14 safer neighbourhood teams supported by teams of response and specialist police officers, police staff and special constables. Collectively, these officers work for the community tackling a wide range of serious crime and quality of life issues on a daily basis. We are working hard to identify and support the most vulnerable people within our communities, targeting those who seek to exploit them. Priorities set for the Telford Safer Neighbourhood teams include;
- Working with partners and communities to tackle the harm caused by crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Leading by example, through our ethics and values we demonstrate our commitment to making a positive difference to the lives of others.
- Striving to be accessible, engaging with communities to create trust, confidence and advocacy.
- Seeking to identify and support the most vulnerable within communities, working to manage or eliminate the risk of harm posed.
- Working with partners and communities we shall agree top priorities for action and report back on outcomes.
- Engaging with communities and partners to innovate, identify opportunities and create sustainable solutions to local problems.
Composition of your Telford Safer Neighbourhood teams are as follows;