Search Site

Help and advice

  • Neighbour DisputeNeighbour disputes

    Neighbour disputes

    We would all like to live in peace with our neighbours, but unfortunately that is sometimes not how things work out. Here's what you can do if you are having problems. Unless a crime has been committed or someone is in immediate danger, the police are unlikely to intervene in neighbour disputes. However, we'll put you in touch with the groups and organisations who can help.

  • NoiseNoise


    The prosecuting authority in England for noise nuisance is your local authority. The police within England and Wales have very limited powers to deal with noise nuisance.

  • RoadHighways and road faults

    Highways and road faults

    Road related faults and highways enquiries.

  • AssaultAssault


    When you or someone you care about are assaulted, it is a very traumatic event. There are different levels of violence and assault and these are categorised in law by the level of injury.

  • CarRoad traffic collisions

    Road traffic collisions

    Do I have to report an accident to my insurance company?

  • CyberSmartCyberbullying and online harassment

    Cyberbullying and online harassment

    Cyberbullying and online harassment can be extremely distressing. It can be classed as a criminal offence but there is lots of help available to support you.

  • PersonMissing person

    Missing person

    Anyone whose whereabouts cannot be established will be considered as missing until located, and their well-being or otherwise confirmed.

  • FlytippingFly tipping

    Fly tipping

    Fly tipping is the illegal dumping of waste. Often, this will involve dumping large items that are dumped instead of being legally disposed of at a household waste and recycling centre or commercial site.

  • HomeHome burglary

    Home burglary

    Burglary can be a very upsetting for the victims. We understand that burglary in your home can feel like a personal crime and an invasion of your personal space.

  • WalletCivil dispute

    Civil dispute

    A civil dispute can be a disagreement over ownership of property, dissatisfaction with a product or service provided, disputes over debts or bills and many other things where there is a difference in opinion between two or more parties over what was agreed.

  • DogDogs fouling and barking

    Dogs fouling and barking

    Information on dog fouling, dog barking and dog incidents

  • ParkingParking


    Parking issues are handled by a mixture of local authority and police powers, depending on the situation.

  • Camper VanUnauthorised encampments

    Unauthorised encampments

    When travelling families and vehicles occupy private or local authority land they commit an act of civil trespass. This is not a criminal offence and the police do not have the authority to remove the trespass based on this action alone.